Contex IQ Flex : Affordable Flatbed Scanner
Contex IQ FLEX Delivers New and Unique Functionality to Large Format Flatbed Scanning, Creativity & productivity without compromise.Full flatbed area up to A2/C-size, Scan oversized originals up to A1/D-size, Wi-Fi enabled.The only Wi-Fi enabled flatbed large format scanner. Wi-Fi compatibility makes IQ FLEX easy to set up and use.
Large format flatbed scanner for creativity and productivity without compromise
The large flatbed surface, a fast scan speed and ultra-flexible design makes IQ FLEX the perfect solution for the demanding user. Protect fragile originals by placing them gently on the scanner bed or utilize its flexibility to scan books, textiles, original artwork any many other types of original. IQ FLEX is the most flexible A2/C-size flatbed in the market and even scans larger documents up to A1/D-size using a clever Oversize scan function.
Sharp focus Contex CIS CleanScan+ technology with up to 1200×1200 dpi optical resolution
- Scan A2 / C-size originals in 6 seconds (1)
- Scan oversized originals up to A1 / D-size
- Book scan with automatic page split and spine area removal
- Connect to networks via Wi-Fi or LAN
- Save your scans directly to memory stick using the high speed USB 3.0 interface
- Walk-up scan with rainforest365 cloud services (2) using your mobile or portable tablet device
- Intuitive on-board user interface ideal for first-time users or the experienced scanner operator
- Optional Nextimage 5 software for professional scanner users that require a fully-featured scanning software experience (3)
- Scan papers, Mylar, polyester, canvas, card, water colours, acrylics, oil-based artwork, textiles and many other substrates (4)
- Copy your originals directly to the most popular large format printers using the in-built Contex printer drivers (5)
- Digitally mark-up originals without printing. Simply scan, annotate then email. No computer required!
- Fully personalize your network scan connection with Contex LINK software
Flexible design means many more opportunities
IQ FLEX is able to scan virtually any type and shape of document such as original artwork, product catalogs and pages from bulky legal binders or even historical artefacts. Position the surface to be scanned flat on the scanner glass, then lower the lid to have IQ FLEX create perfectly crisp, digital images of even your most fragile or difficult to handle originals.
Up to A1/D-size originals
A simple Wizard guides the operator through the Oversize document scanning operation: simply place the document on the scanner and follow the directions. This clever feature brings valuable A1 / D-size document scanning to the IQ FLEX making it a truly versatile scanner for its size.
Book scanning at very reasonable cost
The Contex IQ FLEX is both a document scanner and a capable book scanner. Automatic book size detection, page separation and spine data removal combine to make this a device with an assured ROI (return on investment) performance.
IQ FLEX is equipped with a touchscreen computer the size of a small tablet PC allowing you to scan, annotate, file, copy, email and even cloud-share your digital documents in order to optimize your digital workflow.
Mark-up directly at the scanner
Save money on ink and media. No need to print before you make simple mark-up changes to your drawing, make them on the touchscreen. Keep it digital!
Contex CleanScan+ CIS modules
Unwanted shadows in folds and creases are removed while high-contrast CIS technology converts your documents to crisp, clean digital reproductions. Contex IQ Flex is the leading flatbed scanner for your projects.
Quality is a brand promise
IQ FLEX high color fidelity is delivered in Adobe RGB or sRGB full 48-bit color and up to 1200 x 1200 dpi optical resolution for crisp, clear, high-contrast scanning results every time.
IQ FLEX defines flexibility
IQ FLEX is unrivalled in its flexibility. Flexibility in terms of document shape, physical document depth, file save formats and choice of printer. Flexibility in how you control, connect and share the scanner and its output. By adding Nextimage you can even create multi-page documents. A truly flexible scanning solution.
Cloud connected – Get images where you need them
Rainforest365 for IQ FLEX provides personalised control of the scanner when connected to the internet from any data enabled mobile or Wi-Fi connected portable computing device. Deliver scanned images by email, to DropBox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and other cloud services.
|DropBox||HP ePrint||rainforest365||Google Drive||OneDrive||Box.com|
Less heat build-up makes it a pleasure to print difficult media such as
- Scan papers, Mylar, polyester, canvas, card, water colours, acrylics, oil-based artwork, textiles and many other substrates.
|Contex IQ FLEX Large Format Flatbed Scanner|
|Maximum standard sheet size||Arch C-size (18” x 24”) / ISO A2 (457 x 610 mm)|
|Maximum image area (total pixels)||19.2” x 25.2” (487mm x 639.6mm)|
|Oversize scanning (2-stage scanning)||Arch D-size (24” x 36”) / ISO A1 (610 x 914 mm)|
|Color Scanning speed|
|RGB Color or Grayscale/ Monochrome at 200dpi, full image area scan 1||6 seconds|
|Optical resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Maximum Resolution||9600 dpi|
|Sensor Technology||CIS Contex CleanScan+|
|Maximum Media Thickness||Limited only by capacity|
|Accuracy||0.1% +/- 1 pixel|
|Data Capture (color/mono)||48-bit / 16-bit|
|Color Space 2||Adobe RGB / Device RGB / RAW RGB / sRGB|
|Effective number of Pixels||23017 pixels (w) x 30217 pixels (l)|
|Supported OS (incl. drivers)||Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista|
|File formats3||PDF, PDF/A, TIF and JPG|
|Download Destinations||Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Box.com, rainforest365 ready|
|Network||Wireless (IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n) up to 150Mbps / Gigabit Ethernet|
|Included software (download)||Contex LINK networking and cloud access utility
WIDEsystem driver and scanner maintenance utility
|Optional software 4||NextImage5, AutoCAD® , Microstationtm, ArcGIStm and all other CAD, GIS and 64-bit TWAIN application driver included for use with EDM and other imaging software|
|Nextimage5 additional file formats||TIF, JPG, PDF, PDF/A, DWF, CALS, BMP, JPEG-2000(JP2), JPEG2000 Extended(JPX), TIF-G3,
TIF-G4, multi-page PDF and others
|Touch Screen||7” Multi Touch Screen. 800 x 480 pixels|
|Memory (ram/flash)||8GB / 16 GB|
|Destinations||Network PCs, Cloud, Email, Copy and USB key (USB3.0)|
|File formats||PDF, PDF/A, TIF and JPG|
|Supported printers||Selected HP, Canon and EPSON wide format printers.|
|Power, weight and dimensions|
(Ready / Sleep Mode / Scanning)
|Max 10W / 0.5W / 23W – ENERGY STAR certified|
|Power Requirements||100 – 240V, 60/50Hz, 80W|
|Unpacked Weight/ Dimensions (L x W x H5)||35 kg (77Ibs) / 661 mm (26”) x 1176 mm (46”) x 194 mm (8”)|
|Packed Weight||43 kg (95Ibs)|
|Packaging||EPE foam shock protection frame inside thick cardboard box|
|Certifications and Warranty|
|Operating Maximum Ambient Temperature||This product has been submitted and evaluated for use at the maximum ambient temperature specification of 40 degrees C|
|Certifications/compliance||RoHS, cUL, CE, Customs Union, CCC, VCCI, KC, BSMI, Ukr, ENERGY STAR certified|
|Safety||IEC 60950. Certificates: cUL (USA and Canada), CE (Europe), CCC (China), PSE (Japan), EAC (Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus), KC (Korea), BSMI (Taiwan), Ukr (Ukraine) and BIS (India)|
|Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC)||Compliant with Class A requirements, including FCC rules (USA), ICES (Canada), EMC Directive (EU), CCC (China), VCCI (Japan), EAC (Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus), KC (Korea), BSMI (Taiwan), Ukr (Ukraine) and BIS (India)|
|Enviromental||ENERGY STAR© Certified, EuP (EU), WEEE (EU), RoHS (EU) and REACH (EU)|
|Country of Origin||Designed in Denmark. Manufactured in China|
|Warranty||2-year warranty. Fast, easy parts replacement|
|What’s in the box||Scanner, 2m Ethernet cable, Wi-Fi USB dongle, external power supply, quick guide: installation, quick guide: scanner cleaning
and calibration, calibration sheet and cleaning cloth
- Average speed at 200dpi. Scanning speeds depend on scan destination, dpi and network configuration. Contex recommends Intel Core Duo, Core 2 Duo, or better processors, 2GB RAM. Speed tests performed using Nextimage software, PC with Intel Core i5-2500 Quad processor, 8GB RAM, 7200rpm HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.
- Color spaces: sRGB with embedded controller, other color spaces available using Nextimage software
- Requires optional Nextimage software.
- Contex applications create industry standard raster file formats that can be used in any CAD or GIS application
- Scanner lid in lowered position with touch screen raised